Approved Builders Banbury: Doorstep crime is on the increase, from dodgy individuals posing as council officials to traders who falsely claim to be members of a legitimate trade association. You have to be on the alert and not allow criminals to gain access to your home or business, and you have to make certain that the trader quoting for your business is legitimate.
That’s where we come in. Here at the Approved Trader Directory we only register traders and businesses that are verified by us. Once we have verified that they are who they say they are, and carried out our other routine checks, only then will they be entered into our database. Once they are put on the register it’s easy for you the consumer to check them out.
Here’s how it works.
Traders apply to us to be registered. They pay us a small fee of £29.99 and we carry out the initial searches that are important to every consumer. We check for all of the following:
- Bankruptcy and credit checks on their business and themselves.
- Run a check on traders website for transparency
- We check to see if they are to be found on the voters roll.
- We look for at least one form of photo id.
- We ask them to provide two recent utility bills either their business and home address.
- We look for that all important proof of public liability insurance.
- We carry out a telephone interview.
- And finally we get proof of the necessary licences and membership of trader associations.
In short we carry out all of the checks that are of critical importance to every consumer.
So if the traders standing on your doorstep and offering to do your work aren’t known to you, then you can easily check them out either by calling our freephone number – 0800 888 6667 – or go online to our user-friendly website. In this way you can access their Approved Trader Directory Profile and give them your work in the certain knowledge that they are who they say they are.