Approved Builders Burnley: Plumbers, High Street shops, plasterers, gardeners, roofers – the list of traders included in the Approved Trader Directory is endless! No matter what business you are dealing with, a visit to the Approved Trader Directory should be a consumer’s first port of call because here at the Directory we only register businesses that are verifiably legitimate….a legitimate trader!
So before you award your contract or choose a trader for your job, check out their profile first either online or by calling us on 0800 888 6667 or going to our website. It will only take a moment to assure yourself that the trader is licensed, creditworthy and legitimate, a bona fide trader with a traceable address and up-to-date insurance and certification.
How does it work?
Our system is easy and straightforward. A trader applies to us for verification, and pays us a fee to undertake the kind of checks that you yourself would want to perform:
- Bankruptcy and credit checks on the trader’s business and on the trader him or herself.
- Verification that the individual is on the voting register.
- Proof of public liability insurance
- Proof of licences and membership of trader associations
- Proof of identity through supplying us with one form of photographic ID and two recent utility bills for the domestic and business side of their business.
- Telephone Interview.
- Website audit.
This service doesn’t guarantee the quality of the work of the trader, we don’t monitor their work for the consumer – we simply verify the bona fides of the trader so that you the consumer can be reassured that the business is legitimate and traceable in the event of future difficulties.
Once the trader has passed all our checks, the business is included in the Directory, a profile is created – often with links to the traders own website – and all the consumer has to do is go online or use the phone to check that their chosen trader is on the Directory.