Approved Builders Middlesex: Rogue traders leave a trail of devastation behind them. Calling to doors and conning unwary home owners, whole communities can be unsettled and uneasy when these scammers hit a neighbourhood or village.
Here at the Approved Trader Directory we are very firmly committed to helping consumers protect themselves. Education and awareness are important, but practical tools for protection are also important, and our Directory is just such a tool: a practical way in which you the consumer can check out the tradesperson competing to do work in your home or business.
Here’s how it works: The trader pays us a small fee and we carry out the basic checks that form the frontline of defence for the consumer. We look at:
• Credit history, seeking evidence of bankruptcy related to the business or to the individual directors.
• A telephone interview.
• Proof of identity through supplying us with one form of photographic ID and two recent utility bills for domestic and the business
• Verification that the individual is on the voting register.
• Proof of public liability insurance.
• Proof of licences and membership of the relevant trader associations.
Once we are satisfied that the trader is bona fide, we include the business in the Directory.
All you have to do then is phone our freephone number or check us out online, and you can access the traders profile. If your trader isn’t registered then ask them to apply. It will give you peace of mind in making the choice of a worker to carry out your repairs or maintenance. Don’t be unlucky to choose a trader that’s bankrupt….screen the trader first on the Approved Trader Directory.