Approved Builders Newport Gwent: The Approved Trader Directory is designed specifically for the protection of consumers. It gives them some clarity and basic information about the trader they are considering, offering security and peace of mind before making that all important choice when choosing approved builders in Newport Gwent.
Selecting a reputable trader can be difficult but by choosing a trader who is registered for inclusion in the Approved Trader Directory you will be taking some of the guesswork out of your choice. Using our site offers you the security of knowing that your trader is licensed and insured and has a verified address. It’s possible to offer this first level of consumer protection because we carry out the basic but significant checks that every consumer needs to do before they select their traders.
These are the checks we do:
- We search the trader’s credit history, seeking evidence of bankruptcy related to the business or to the individual directors.
- Proof of identity: we ask the trader to supply us with one form of photographic ID and two recent utility bills, domestic and related to the business.
- We also check the electoral register to see if the individual is registered there.
- We have home addresses of all owners, partners and directors.
- We seek evidence of public liability insurance.
- And finally we look for proof that the trader has all of the necessary licences & certificates and membership of the relevant trader associations.
Only when a trader has satisfied us that the business is legitimate and that the identity of the trader has been verified will we create a profile for inclusion in the Directory. Once there the trader can be checked either through our Freephone number 0800 888 6667 or by going online.
When you find your trader there, you’ll know that the trader operates a bona fide business and that you have a legitimate address to follow up if you need to in the future.